MaltaShopper T&C page
Terms and Conditions
- The owner of this website is Maltashopper Limited, company registration number C53942, whose registered address is, 162, Triq il-Kanun Santa Venera, SVR 5534. (‘Maltashopper’/ ‘we’/‘us’/‘our’).
- Hereunder, ’The Store' refers to IKEA, Maisons du Monde, Mondo Convenienza or Bricoman. This store can also be referred to as 'it' according to the context.
- “Site” refers to the website operated by Maltashopper. This is carried under the domain name “Maltashopper.com” or “Maltashopper.com.mt” or “Maltashopper.mt”.
- 'Special Order' items are all items listed below:
- Items ordered from the IKEA Logistics Centre
- All Maisons du Monde products
- All Bricoman products
- All Mondo Convenienza products
- Material/Textiles sold by the meter
- Food items and wine
- Living plants
- All items listed as 'Special Order'
- You must have a unique email address to use our site. You agree that email can be used as a long-distance means of communication, and you agree all notices made via e-mail satisfy any legal requirements that such notices be made in writing.
- It is your responsibility to ensure you are able to receive emails from Maltashopper.com. We recommend that you add Maltashopper.com to your ‘safe sender’ list, and check that your online security software does not block emails from us. In the unlikely event you do have any difficulty receiving email from us please advise your Internet Service Provider who should be able to assist you further.
- You undertake that all details you provide to Maltashopper for the purpose of ordering or purchasing goods or services are true and correct.
- You must choose a password to complete registration. You are responsible for all actions taken under your unique email address and password and shall only use the site under your own email address and password. You must make every effort to keep your password safe and should not disclose it to anyone. You may not transfer or sell your login credentials to the site to anyone, nor permit, either directly or indirectly, anyone to use your site account.
- Should your password be compromised or forgotten simply click the ‘Forgot Password’ link and follow the instructions that you will receive by email. We suggest that you change your new password to something that you can remember easily and that will not be easily compromised.
- If there are any changes to the details supplied by you it is your responsibility to inform us of these changes in good time by changing the information on your Maltashopper Account.
- Maltashopper Limited is not a franchise or local branch of IKEA, Maisons Du Monde, Mondo Convenienza or Bricoman. In particular, Maltashopper Limited is not related in any manner whatsoever to IKEA, Maisons Du Monde, Mondo Convenienza and Bricoman, and therefore has no control or visibility over their stocks.
- We reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts or remove or edit content if you are in breach of applicable laws, these Conditions of Use or any other applicable terms and conditions, guidelines or policies.
- Once you place and pay for your order through our website, you are creating a contract of sale between yourself and Maltashopper Limited.
- To receive a quotation and place an order from Bricoman or Mondo Convenienza you must send us an email email@example.com and we will get back to you with a quotation.
- If you are a bona fide natural consumer, you may cancel your order as per your consumer rights as outlined in Maltese and EU law. The 14 days cooling-off period will start upon the notification of the arrival of the first batch of your goods. In order to return the purchased goods, the Consumer has to duly fill up the “withdrawal form” during this period and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org entering "Return" in the subject line. Form can be found on our website. Please note that special order items can not be canceled from your order.
- Our Shipping charge is calculated automatically by our website on a per-item basis.
- Timeframes for the delivery of orders can vary depending on the stocks and availability of products from each of the Stores. We will be happy to contact the Stores on your behalf to check on the availability of each of the items.
- We have no minimum or maximum order level.
If an item is out of stock it will be kept on back-order until:
- It is canceled by the client
- It is no longer available from the store
Once the items have been cancelled or are deemed unavailable by IKEA, we will refund you with the value of these items.
- Items are determined to be out of stock or unavailable by the personnel at IKEA, and we cannot be held liable for any inconvenience caused by this.
- In some scenarios, we are unable to know the stock replenishing date of a product, if this information is not available directly from IKEA’s website.
- Items can currently only be deleted from the order by sending an email to email@example.com. Products cannot be added to existing orders, rather a new order for the products will need to be created instead.
- The availability shown on our website corresponds to the information available from IKEA’s website based on the their store stocks. Please note that any delivery timeframes are only indicative and might vary. Maltashopper will not accept any responsibility for variances to this delivery date.
- Your order will NOT become active until your payment has been submitted and received in full for the complete order including all charges.
Payments may be made online using your Maestro, VISA/Mastercard credit or debit card. They may also be made by quoting your Order Number using one of the following methods:
- By sending a cheque payable to Maltashopper Limited to the following address:
162, Triq il-Kanun, Santa Venera, SVR 5534, Malta. Please note that the value of a cheque must be of over €20 otherwise it cannot be accepted.
- SEPA bank transfer to our Bank of Valletta account number 40020284811
Swift Code: VALLMTMT
Branch: Qui Si Sana, Sliema
- Pay by cash or VISA/Mastercard in person at our office in Santa Venera.
- Once you pay for an order, you will receive a payment confirmation via e-mail. This is not a VAT receipt or invoice, but rather a document sent from us as proof of your payment. A VAT receipt (if you are not VAT registered) will be given to you on delivery or collection of your goods. If you are VAT registered on our system (and registered as a Business Client) you will be able to download your Tax Invoice. We cannot send a VAT invoice if a fiscal receipt has already been given to you. It is your responsibility to enter the correct details upon registration.
Deliveries & Collection
- Our delivery service will deliver to your ground-floor from Monday to Friday from 8 am - 4 pm. This standard service costs €20 (incl. VAT) per order.
- You may set your delivery for the next day only when placed before 2pm.
- All clients will be informed once an update is available for their order. Delivery date will be sent to you and you are expected to double-check the delivery address that shows on your order update.
- We require your acceptance of the proposed delivery date - without confirmation, we will not proceed with delivery.
- In the case that the delivery is confirmed but no one is present at the confirmed delivery address to sign for the order, the goods will be brought back to the warehouse at Cannon Road, Santa Venera. We can attempt a second delivery at an additional charge of €20 (incl. VAT)
- Anyone collecting an order from our store must present the number of the order they wish to collect as well as their ID card for identification purposes.
- On the day of your delivery, we request that you reserve 2 parking spaces in front of your delivery address for us to have space to stop and unload the order safely. If there is nowhere to park or stop safely and legally in the area, we reserve the right NOT to deliver and the charge outlined in (31) would apply for a second delivery.
- Goods transported by Maltashopper will be delivered to the ground-floor level. The client is to make sure that the site where the goods will be deposited is adequate for the items and is accessible by van/truck and to inform us if otherwise. We do not deliver to higher floors. We recommend that clients hire the services of a high-up or lifter to make their delivery easier and more convenient if necessary.
- Our delivery persons will always attempt to phone you on the supplied phone number about 1 hour before delivering.
- Should delivery be confirmed but not taken for whatever reason, our delivery man will leave an "Attempted Delivery" slip. We can attempt a second delivery at an additional charge of €20 (incl. VAT).
Other delivery charges are as follows (prices are inclusive of VAT):
- Unscheduled delivery to Gozo: €50
- Once a delivery note has been signed then the client acknowledges that everything on the delivery note was delivered in good condition.
- Since we have very limited space in our warehouse, we are unable to store clients’ orders. Your orders will be scheduled for delivery at our discretion. Should you refuse delivery of your order, we reserve the right to charge a storage fee of €50 per order per week. If an order remains undelivered after 3 weeks, we will return your order and refund the value of the goods excluding our admin charges.
- Any claims about damaged items should be submitted with photographic evidence to firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery or collection. We cannot be held responsible for damages notified to us over 48 hours after the delivery or collection has occurred.
- All items which have manufacturing faults which are not visible externally can be returned at no extra cost as long as the item is still in its original packaging. Should the item not be in its original packaging we will need to obtain IKEA's permission to return the item in its current state. If an item is returned after it has been opened, there will be a €50 charge to have this item returned to IKEA.
- Should IKEA not allow the return of a damaged item then we will not be able to accept its return.
- Items that have not been stored or mounted correctly, not been used appropriately or have been tampered with will not be considered for return to IKEA.
- All items need to be in their original packaging (which must be in excellent condition). Items damaged by the customer cannot be returned to IKEA. We cannot accept returns of any kind without their original packaging. The barcode and item code of the item would need to be visible/legible
- If you are a bona fide natural consumer, you may return your order as per your consumer rights as outlined in Maltese and EU law. The 14 days cooling-off period will start upon the consumer being notified that the item/s has/have arrived at our warehouse. In order to return the purchased goods, the Consumer has to duly fill up the “withdrawal form” during this period and send it to email@example.com entering "Return" in the subject line. Form can be found on our website.
- Any items that are classified as 'Special Order' may be returned solely at the discretion of Maltashopper Ltd. Should Maltashopper agree to accept a Special Order item as a return a re-stocking fee of 25% of the amount paid for this item will be deducted from any amounts refunded by Maltashopper. This excludes, material/textiles sold by the meter, food/beverage items and living plants which are NOT returnable under any circumstances.
- Subject to the terms under clause 47, consumers have the right to return any items during this period and get a full refund as long as the items returned are still in original packaging and are in pristine condition, having item code and barcode visible and legible. Boxes having scratches, dust and writing on them will not be accepted.
- Subject to the terms under clause 47, the consumer has 14 days from the date of withdrawal to return the purchased goods to the following address:
162, Cannon Road
- Collection of goods can be arranged for an extra fee of €50 by contacting our offices on +356 20334532
- Subject to the terms under clause 47, the customer is entitled to a full refund including shipping and delivery within 14 days from the day when the items arrive at our warehouse. Following this date cancellations and refunds are subject to clause 46, 47 and 53. All refunds are made by cheque drawn on the Maltashopper account holder and mailed to the address provided by the client. Should the customer require a refund to a credit card or bank account, bank fees will be charged and deducted from this refund. Please note that refunds by cheque can only be made if the refund value is above €20.
- Subject to the terms under clause 47, if an item is not damaged and is being returned, it must be in good condition – the packaging must be in good condition and the label and barcode must be visible.
- Subject to the terms under clause 47, we will not accept any unopened items which are clearly warped or discoloured to be returned to IKEA.
- Subject to the terms under clause 47, items returned after the 14 days cooling off period may be accepted back by Maltashopper but the delivery and shipping fee will not be refunded.
- If a damaged item is no longer available from IKEA, we will only be able to return the item if the store allows us to do so.
- If an item that is being returned has simply been opened and re-sealed, the bar-code and item number must be visible and not covered by any tape.
- In the event that we are unable to resolve a complaint with you directly, you have the right to refer the dispute to the EU’s Online Dispute Resolution Platform at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/
- You can also download ODR Regulation or model withdrawal form from our page.
- The warranties do not cover normal wear and tear, cuts or scratches, or damage caused by impacts or accidents.
- The warranty does not apply if the products have been placed in external or humid environments.
- The warranties, unless otherwise specified, refer only to a domestic use of the products.
- The warranty does not cover indirect or incidental damages.
- The warranty for lack of conformity is excluded if at the time of purchase the consumer was aware of the defect or if he could not ignore it with the use of normal diligence or if the lack of conformity derives from instructions or materials provided by the consumer himself.
- All products that are sold by Maltashopper Limited are covered by a 2-year limited manufacturer warranty, which mandates that we will repair, replace, reduce the price, or give you a refund if the goods you bought turn out to be faulty or do not work as advertised.
- Any advertised warranties beyond this 2-year period would only be applicable at the discretion of the original manufacturer.
- In order to take advantage of the warranty, it is necessary to comply with the specific maintenance instructions for each product. All maintenance instructions are available in IKEA stores and on the IKEA website www.IKEA.it.
All design works will be undertaken against our applicable design fees which are listed hereunder:
- €100 for kitchens, wardrobe or any particular room design
- €30 for measuring on site
- Maltashopper does not accept any liability for any errors or miscalculations in any design work undertaken that has been sent to the client for approval and been approved by the client.
- Maltashopper vouchers are only redeemable from Maltashopper Limited and can be used to purchase any items sold by Maltashopper, by ordering online or through in-store purchases.
- Vouchers are not exchangeable for cash.
- The date of expiry is not extendable.
- The vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any offers or on discounted items/services.
- The assembly service can be requested upon placing the order, at the checkout page or sending us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assembly jobs contracted to take place in Gozo will incur an additional cost of €30 a day to cover the ferry costs.
- An appointment can only be scheduled once all the items requiring assembly have been delivered.
- All items requiring assembly have to be already present in the room where they have to be assembled
- All cardboard and packaging is to be disposed of by the client
These terms and conditions are governed by the Laws of the Republic of Malta.