1. The owner of this website is Maltashopper Limited whose address is Maltashopper Limited, 162, Triq il-Kanun Santa Venera, SVR 5534. (‘Maltashopper’/‘we’/‘us’/‘our’). Registration number C34939.
2. 'The Store' refers to IKEA, Catania
This store can also be referred to as 'it' according to the context.
3. You must have a unique email address to use our site. You agree that e-mail can be used as a long-distance means of communication, and you agree all notices made via e-mail satisfy any legal requirements that such notices be made in writing.
4. It is your responsibility to ensure you are able to receive e-mails from Maltashopper. We recommend that you add Maltashopper to your ‘safe sender’ list, and check that your online security software does not block e-mails from us. In the unlikely event you do have any difficulty receiving email from us please advise your Internet Service Provider who should be able to assist you further.
5. You undertake that all details you provide to Maltashopper for the purpose of ordering or purchasing goods or services are correct.
6. You must choose a password to complete registration. You are responsible for all actions taken under your unique email address and password and shall only use the Site under your own email address and password. You must make every effort to keep your password safe and should not disclose it to anyone. You may not transfer or sell your email address to anyone, nor permit, either directly or indirectly, anyone to use your email address or password.
7. Should your password be compromised/forgotten simply click the ‘Forgot Password’ link and enter your email address. An email will be sent to you with a new password which you will be able to use to log in to your account. We suggest that you change your new password to something that you can remember easily and that will not be easily compromised.
8. If there are any changes to the details supplied by you it is your responsibility to change the details in your account.
9. Maltashopper Limited is not a franchise or local branch of any other entity. In particular, Maltashopper is not related in any manner whatsoever to IKEA and therefore has no control over their stocks.
10. All personal information given will not be used outside of Maltashopper Limited. The information is necessary for us to perform our obligations to you as smoothly as possible.
11. Once you place your order through our website, you are creating a contract of sale between yourself and Maltashopper Limited.
12. You may cancel the contract at any time; this can be done by sending the notice of cancellation by email ensuring that you quote your name, address and order number.
13. Our Shipping charge is calculated automatically by our website on a per-item basis.
14. We have no minimum transport fee - you can order as little or as much as you like.
15a. If an item is out of stock it will be kept on back-order until:
Once the items have been cancelled or are unavailable, credit for these products will enter your account.
15b. Should a client wish to cancel a product that was not in stock from IKEA they will be credited the IKEA price paid originally.
16. Items are determined to be out of stock or unavailable by the personnel at IKEA and we cannot be held liable for any inconvenience caused by this.
17. We cannot know when an item will be in stock at the store again since we are not representatives of IKEA.
18. Items which are unavailable from the store will be cancelled immediately. Once cancelled you will find credit in your account that you can use on a new order, or request a refund for.
19. Changes to an order can be made by sending an email to email@example.com.
20. Once an order is paid for, should you wish to add products to your order you will be asked to create a new order through our website. Should you wish to change or delete an item kindly inform us by email and we will adjust your order and any payment differences must be settled from either end.
21. We encourage our clients to check the availability of an item from the stores (where possible) before settling payment. Maltashopper Limited will not be held liable for the inconvenience caused by an item being unavailable from IKEA, Catania.
22. It is possible that certain IKEA items will need to be ordered from IKEA’s warehouse in Piacenza and can thus take a month to be brought to Malta. Maltashopper Limited is not liable for any inconvenience caused by the delay of an item being delivered, in such circumstances. If an item needs to be ordered from beforehand, it will need to be paid for at IKEA first. For this reason, pre-ordered items will take longer to arrive in Malta from Sicily.
23. We are not able to buy food or real plants and seeds from IKEA and transport them into Malta. Please omit these from your orders.
24. Your order will NOT be placed until your payment has been submitted and received. In some cases we can deem proof of payment (in the form of a screen-shot or scanned cheque) enough to place your order.
25. Payments can be made using one of the following methods:
Maltashopper Limited, 162, Triq il-Kanun, Santa Venera, SVR 5534, Malta
Swift Code: VALLMTMT
Branch: Preluna Towers, Sliema
26. We encourage our clients to inform our personnel when a payment has been made by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
27. When you pay for an order, a Receipt of Payment email will be sent to your email address. This is not a VAT receipt or invoice, but rather a document sent from us as proof of payment.
28. A VAT receipt will be sent to you up to 3 months after your order was placed. Your Name and Client code will be referenced on the receipt.
29. A VAT invoice is printable from your account only if the "Business Client" option is selected upon registration and a VAT number and company name is provided.
30. We cannot send a VAT invoice if a VAT receipt has been sent to a client, or vice-versa. It is the client's responsibility to enter the correct details upon registration.
Deliveries & Collection
31. Delivery to ground-floor during normal working hours (8am-4pm) is €10 per delivery.
33. All clients will be informed once their goods arrive in Malta and one delivery date will be scheduled for the soonest possible date.
34. We require written acceptance of the proposed delivery date and approximate time from the client. Without confirmation, we will not proceed with an attempted delivery.
35.If the client has confirmed delivery and there is no one to sign for the order when we turn up, the goods will be brought back to the warehouse and a new delivery date will be sent for the following week.
36. The client can arrange for collection of the products from our store in Santa Venera at no additional charge where goods would need to be collected until the end of the week of their arrival. If not collected by the end of that week, the order will be returned to IKEA immediately and the client will be refunded the IKEA price paid originally.
37. Clients must present their order number or email address upon collection from our store.
38. Clients expecting deliveries are required to reserve 2 parking spaces in front of their delivery address so that our deliverymen will have space to park and unload the order safely. If there is nowhere to park in the area then our deliverymen reserve the right NOT to deliver.
39. Goods transported by Maltashopper will be delivered to the ground-floor level. The client is to make sure that the site where the goods will be deposited is adequate for the items and is accessible by van/truck.
40. We do not deliver to higher floors. It is very common for our clients to hire a high-up service to make their delivery easier and more convenient.
41. Our deliverymen will call 15-30 minutes before delivering in all circumstances.
42. Should a delivery be confirmed but not taken for whatever reason, our deliverymen will leave an "Attempted Delivery" slip. If no one is able to accept the second delivery attempt, the order will be prepared for collection for up to one week or the client can opt for a third delivery attempt at a charge of EUR25.The client has that one week to come and collect the goods or arrange someone to collect it on their behalf. If the order is then not collected within that week, it will be returned to IKEA immediately and the client will be credited less the shipping cost they originally paid.
43. Other delivery charges are as follows (prices are inclusive of VAT):
44. Should a client wish to receive his/her order after delivery hours/ on a Saturday/ on a Sunday / on a public holiday, the extra delivery charge is paid PER delivery. This means that if there are back-ordered items which arrive at a later stage, the delivery fee will need to be paid again for the delivery to happen after hours/on a Saturday/ on a Sunday / on a public holiday. This fee should be paid prior to delivery. However, in the case that payment upon delivery is allowed, the payment needs to be handed to the deliverymen first or no delivery will occur.
45. Once a delivery note has been signed then the client acknowledges that everything on the delivery note was delivered in good condition. Any issues brought up after the delivery note was signed are subject to the relevant charges depending on the circumstance.
46. Should a client not take a delivery for any reason and leave their goods in our warehouse, we reserve the right to bill the client our 3% warehousing fee for each week that they remain in our warehouse.
47. Should the client leave their items in our warehouse for up to 3 months (or until the 3% storage fee becomes higher than the value of the products themselves) then we reserve the right to return the goods back to IKEA.
48. In the event that you are given items which are damaged, we will take responsibility for the item and you will be brought a replacement without question, and at no extra cost. However, you are required to inform us of this damage by email up to 3 calendar days after the item is delivered to your door or picked up from our warehouse.
49. Should you fail to inform us of the damage in time, we absolve ourselves of responsibility for this damage, and returning the item will come at 10% of its cost.
50. Sending photographic evidence of any damages is encouraged but not necessary.
51. All items which have manufacturing faults which are not visible externally can be returned at no extra cost as long as the item is still in its original packaging. Should the item not be in its original packaging we will need IKEA's permission to return the item assembled.
52. Items still under warranty can be returned. The shipping fee paid originally will not be refunded.
53. Should IKEA not allow the return of a damaged item, clients can re-purchase the item at normal charges.
54. All damaged returns must be back in their original packaging with the bar code and item number visible.
55. Credit will be issued to a client if any of the following occurs:
a) An ordered item is unavailable from IKEA.
b) An out of stock item was cancelled by the client. (in which case the client will be credited less the shipping fee originally paid)
c) An item is to be returned without being replaced (in which case the shipping fee is also deducted from the refund, where applicable).
d) A client paid too much for his/her order initially.
56. Credit will be sent if an order, which we have not yet attempted to retrieve, is cancelled. The full value of the order will be credited in this case.
57. Credit will enter the client's account within a week of the product being cancelled.
58. The client can choose to re-use this credit in a new order or request a refund for it.
59. Refunds are sent in the form of a cheque to the billing address you provided upon placing the order; payable to the name of the Maltashopper account holder.
60. A refund can take up to 3 weeks to be processed by our Accounts Department
61. In the unlikely event that you receive goods which were not what you ordered, all you are required to do is contact Maltashopper by phone or email and we will schedule an appointment to pick up the goods. Alternatively feel free to drop the items off at our store in Santa Venera.
62. Material/Textiles sold by the meter from IKEA cannot be returned.
63. If an item is not damaged and is being returned, it must be in good condition – the packaging must be in good condition and the label and barcode must be visible.
64. We will not accept any unopened items which are in bad shape to be returned to back to IKEA.
65. All returns are subject to a returns fee. The client will be credited the IKEA value of the product returned.
65b: We can not accept any returns without a copy of the VAT receipt. If you do not have a VAT receipt, please get in touch. Kindly inform us whenever you need to return anything on email@example.com.
66. We cannot return any item which has been bought more than 5 months prior.
67. Should there be an item, that is no longer available from IKEA, which is damaged, we can only return and replace the item if the store allows us to do so.
68. If an item that is being returned has already been assembled, the item should be returned dismantled and repackaged its original packaging with the barcode and item code visible. All parts of the item, including any screws and small bits, need to be returned with it. We will only return and refund goods which are assembled if IKEA allow us to do so.
69. If an item that is being returned has simply been opened and re-sealed, the bar-code and item number must be visible and not covered by any tape.
70. If article's 68 and 69 are not adhered to, we will NOT accept the items to be returned or credited.
71. Vouchers are valid for 6 months after the date they are issued, unless stated otherwise.
72. The vouchers are only redeemable from Maltashopper Limited and can be used to purchase any items through this company, by ordering online or through in-store purchases.
73. Vouchers are not exchangeable for cash.
74. The date of expiry is not extendable.
75. The vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any offers or on discounted items/services.